Pre-Conference Workshop Sessions
Get a jump-start on learning by attending a pre-conference workshop prior to the start of the 12th International Conference on Supplemental Instruction!! These interactive workshops hosted by International SI Certified Trainers from around the world will allow you to connect with colleagues around the below important SI topics.
Both webinars will be hosted simultaneously at the time listed below. The virtual workshop is included free with purchase of conference registration. The in-person workshop (Go for the GOLD!) will be held at the conference and is available for purchase separately or with a Professional Conference Registration.
Dates/Times: Thursday, June 9, 2022 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
How We Got Here and How It’s Going
The ICSI will be hosting a FREE virtual pre-conference for all in-person and virtual conference registrants featuring some past and present SI professionals responsible for the proliferation of SI /PASS in Europe, Australia and South Africa over the last 50 years. The pre-conference panel will be held from 9 AM – 12 PM EDT, Thursday, June 9, 2022.
Go for the GOLD! Setting Goals, Monitoring, and Evaluating Your SI Program
Cost: $150 USD
Heather Miller, Lead Certified SI Trainer, The International Center for SI at UMKC
William Carey, Certified SI Trainer, European Centre for SI-PASS
In this interactive session participants will explore the following questions regarding program evaluation, and apply the information to their programs within a collaborative, supportive setting:
- What goals do you have with the SI program at your HEI (higher education institution)? Are they related to the HEI’s strategic goals?
- How do we monitor the SI program and its function continuously during one cycle of operation?
- At the end of an SI program cycle, what data can we use for a post-reflective report on the function of the program?
- How can we collect, process and store attendance data efficiently? How can we relate SI attendance to student performance and student retention?
- How do we measure fulfilment of qualitative goals like enhancing the student experience?
- How do we disseminate evaluation results to key stakeholders within the HEI?
Do you have questions about the 12th International Conference on Supplemental Instruction? Submit your conference-related questions via the button below.