Update (Jan 31, 2022): Due to situations surrounding Covid-19, the 2022 Midwest Honor Band Festival has been cancelled. An official email was sent out to all nominating directors and nominated students on 1/31/22.
The annual Midwest Honor Band Festival provides rewarding music experiences for middle and high school band students and directors. Nationally recognized guest conductors and UMKC faculty host a full schedule of concerts, master classes, and professional clinics, offering in-service time and personal growth.
The festival is hosted by UMKC Conservatory faculty members Steven D. Davis and Joseph Parisi
Festival Timeline for 2022
- Festival Dates: March 11-13, 2022
- Director’s Symposium: March 12, 2022
- Nominations open: October 2021
- Nomination Deadline: November 22, 2021 (by 11:59pm)
- Audition Video Due: November 29, 2021 (by 11:59pm)
- Acceptance list posted: December 6, 2021 (by 9:00pm)
- Registration Opens: December 6, 2021
- Registration Deadline: January 31, 2022
Total Cost of Festival: $160.00 (per student)
- Includes: all rehearsals, masterclasses, clinics, festival t-shirt, music and meals taking place between rehearsals.
Note: Tuition does not include housing at a hotel. If you will need hotel lodgings, the Hampton Inn on the Plaza will offer a discounted rate to those participating in the festival. A link to the discounted rate at Hampton will be provided in the Festival Info Packet sent to registered participants. They have provided options that will allow students to book individual rooms or for groups to book together. Groups/students staying in a hotel will need to provide their own overnight chaperones and transportation. Students will be chaperoned by festival staff while on campus for the festival.
UMKC Conservatory Academy
UMKC Midwest Honor Band Festival
5301 Charlotte St.
Kansas City, MO 64110