Find a Higher Purpose in Higher Ed
Top reasons to apply for a career at UMKC
Where Passion Meets Paycheck
- Help others reach their dreams while living yours
- Bridge cultural barriers through a shared interest in learning and education
- Champion innovation and research
A Healthy Work-Life Balance
- Health and wellness programs
- Remote work options
- Arts and culture events and resources
More Than Just a Paycheck
- Choice of health plans
- Tuition reimbursement for employees and tuition remission for their immediate family members
- Retirement savings match
You Don’t Have Wait for the Weekend
- Flexible work schedules
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
- Cross-campus collaboration
- Community engagement
- Job training, mentorship, leadership development and more
View academic positions
View staff positions
A Great Place to Work
We are Kansas City’s 24th-largest employer, with more than 3,500 staff and faculty supporting 16,000-plus undergraduate, graduate and professional students. We offer a variety of career options in numerous fields, with opportunity for growth and advancement. A successful candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm for students and the university — student success is central to our mission and provides direction in our daily actions at UMKC.
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
We are an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
To request ADA accommodations, please contact us at 816-235-1621. TTY users may call through Relay Missouri at 800-735-2966.
For Spanish translation, please call through Relay Missouri for Spanish at 800-520-7309.
Search for jobs
UMKC offers competitive salaries, affordable medical and dental plans with no waiting period, a 403(b) savings plan, paid time off, tuition assistance — 75% of educational fees paid — and university paid long-term disability and life insurance.
Benefit information can be found in our Total Rewards section. We also provide employee discount opportunities.
- All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
- All final academic hire candidates will be required to successfully pass an education verification review through the National Student Clearinghouse or provide official transcripts prior to beginning employment.
- You can find information on campus security and personal safety at UMKC Police.
- Smoking is not allowed on UMKC campuses. Please visit the Smoke-Free UMKC for details.
Questions? Contact us at 816-235-1621.
H1-B Labor Condition Attestations (LCA)