Meet Our New Graduate Assistant: Indra Mursid

By Indra Mursid

Hey! Hi! Hello! My name is Indra Mursid.

This is my first year as a graduate assistant, UMKC Roo, and graduate student!  I am studying Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Mental Health. I am interested in multicultural psychology and LGBT+ affirming therapy with hopes of becoming a licensed professional counselor and, eventually, a licensed art therapist who works abroad with refugees, the LGBT+ community, and other marginalized populations. I received my bachelor’s degree in Art at Avila University in 2018 specializing in Art Therapy with minors in Women’s and Gender Studies and History. Since declaring my Women’s and Gender Studies minor my junior year at Avila University, I have advocated for human rights (women, LGBT+ community, immigrants) all over the globe from Germany to India. I hope to expand my leadership, programming, and advocacy skills with the Women’s Center. I am very excited to be a part of such an incredible organization in Kansas City and at UMKC!

On the side, I am an independent contributor and artist for digital publications and zines. When I am not studying, creating art, or in the Women’s Center I am usually traveling, at a coffee shop, or at home binge watching New Girl for the thousandth time.