The mission of the Women’s Center at the University of Missouri-Kansas City is to advocate, educate, and provide support services for the advancement of women’s and gender equity on campus and within the community at large.
In support of this mission, the Women’s Center:
- Facilitates student development through co-curricular experiences that affirm students’ identities and foster leadership opportunities;
- Assists the University in achieving its retention goals by offering programming and services that promote student success;
- Recognizes, celebrates, and promotes awareness of the intersectional realities of women’s lives, particularly across race, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, class, age, and abilities;
- Fosters awareness of the effects of gender roles;
- Offers support services, referrals, advocacy, and education around issues of gender violence;
- Promotes the effective and constructive feminist activism of UMKC students, staff, faculty and community members;
- Serves as a resource for the campus and Greater Kansas City communities on issues related to women and gender.