STEMEd for Girls is a FREE exciting online program created for high school girls —with a particular focus on girls of color—and the people who support them. Whether you are just starting to explore an interest in science, technology, engineering, or math, or you have already decided to major in STEM in college, this program will help you prepare for the journey from 9th grade to 12th grade.
Many of the children we serve don’t have the opportunity to play team sports, experience the arts or even use a computer. With your support, our Whole Child Program Model helps children round out their educational, emotional, physical and moral development. Life-changing experiences are possible through Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City!
4825 Troost Ave, Suite 108
Kansas City, MO 64110
office (816) 235 1509
Girls: The powerful world of technology has a place for you. It’s never too early to start exploring where computer science may take you. Research by the National Center for Women & Information Technology shows that having positive female role models is a primary motivator for girls exploring careers in the field. If you are a woman working in computer science or related fields, consider sharing your experiences with a local student.
- 5000 East 17th Street
- Kansas City, MO 64127
- We are KC’s first and only public, single-gender school. We work to build a feminist, antiracist space where young women support and challenge one another in true sisterhood. We are learning safely, 100% in-person.
- Girls gain important skills in STEM/STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) combined with experiences in the Arts, outdoor experiences, civic engagement /life skills, entrepreneurship
11880 COLLEGE BLVD. STE. 201
OVERLAND PARK, KS 66210
- Girls on the Run Greater Kansas City, teaching critical life skills is the cornerstone of our research-based programs. Meeting in small teams, trained volunteer coaches inspire team members with and without disabilities to strengthen confidence and other important life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and physical activity.
- Developed in 2010 and founded on principles in Sports and Exercise Psychology, Strong Girls is a life skills intervention program that develops positive thinking, goal setting, confidence, stress management and social skills among adolescent girls. The program provides both physical activity and life skills activities for the girls by intentionally creating a positive, caring and cooperative environment. This FREE program allows girls grades 6th – 8th to learn from, connect with and be mentored by college women.
- National organization providing innovative programs help girls confront subtle societal messages about their value and potential, and prepare them to lead successful, independent, and fulfilling live
3148 Parallel Parkway
Kansas City, KS 66104
- Program targeting middle and high school girls and empowering them to live healthy lives filled with positive options