New Intern at Women’s Center Works on Gender Violence Prevention

By MacKinzie Aulgur

Hi, my name is MacKinzie Aulgur and I am majoring in Public Health with a minor in Health Science. I am a senior, currently completing my last semester of undergrad. I originally chose UMKC for the nursing program however, half way into my junior year I found my passion for Public Health. In fact, I did not even know about Public Health until UMKC started their Public Health Program, last January. I actually just started an internship at UMKCs Women’s Center as the Gender Violence Prevention Intern. I have a strong passion for Women Rights, ending sexual assault, and gender equality, which is why I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to be the Gender Violence Prevention Intern. With that being said, I am excited to graduate in May and take everything I have learned throughout my education and put it to good use. In the summer I am planning to pursue a master’s in healthcare administration. I strongly believe that the skills I have gained not only in class but the Women’s Center, will give me exactly what is necessary to succeed in my future profession.