Newest Women’s Center intern ready to shine

By Jayesha Griffin

Hello! My name is Jayesha Griffin and I am a sophomore here at the University of Missouri – Kansas City.

I am currently a Health Sciences major, but I’m interested in changing that to chemistry and continuing with the pre-pharmacy track. I have always had a passion to work in the medical field. Coming into my freshman year undecided, I chose nursing as my very first major path at this university. Realizing nursing was not fit for me, and that I wanted to do more hands-on research, I looked into pharmacy and I plan to stick through with this for the rest of my career path and become either a research pharmacist or a radio pharmacist.

Out of many of the college acceptances I received, I decided to come here to UMKC. Only being about 4 hours away from home, I felt this school was far enough away for an undergraduate. For graduate school, I plan to go further.

Besides that, here at UMKC the Women’s Center is a fantastic place to feel welcomed. My interest in the Women’s Center started when I had my first Women’s and Genders Studies class with Dr. Bethman. The topics discussed really stuck out to me and I wanted to invest myself further but avoid picking up a minor. The Women’s Center is a very accepting place!