Hannah Rejoins Staff for Final Internship Before Graduating

By Hannah Hagan

Hello, again! My name is Hannah, and I’m quite excited to rejoin the Women’s Center staff as an intern this semester. I’m originally from a small town outside of Lawrence, Kansas, but now live in Kansas City. I’m graduating in December, and while the thought of leaving UMKC saddens me, I’m grateful to be ending on a positive note by working with the Women’s Center again. I’m studying English and minoring in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality studies; I’m particularly interested in how sexually-/gender-diverse populations use literature as a means of political activism and community-building. After I graduate, I plan to attend graduate school and obtain a Master’s in social work!

At the Women’s Center, I’ll be planning several of this semester’s events, including the annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes! Through my events, I hope to contribute to a campus culture that understands gender equity and social justice as essential to a positive college experience. I’ll be working in the Women’s Center several hours every week, so come say hi!