Attention UMKC students: Are you a Reentry Woman?

• by

If you are, this is the scholarship for you.

By Megan Schwindler

The AAUW Kansas City is offering a $500 award for Reentry Women. This award includes either a cash amount or a scholarship paid to the college on your behalf. The Council presents this scholarship annually to women who “exemplify the effort, perseverance, and courage to return to the classroom in pursuit of personal and vocational goals.”

About the American Association of University Women

AAUW has been empowering women since 1881. Their organization has worked to improve the lives of millions of women and their families through programs in research, campus initiatives, STEM education, public policy, and educational funding, among others. You can visit this link to find out more.

The deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 20, 2018.

You must meet the qualifications below and fill out an application. Applications are available at the UMKC Women’s Center.

Can you answer YES to each of these statements?

1. I was out of school (high school or college) for at least 5 years before returning to school.
  2. I am currently enrolled as a full-time student or part-time student (6 hours minimum)
  3. I have not completed a bachelor’s degree.
  4. I have completed at least 30 hours of undergraduate credit prior to applying with at least 15 hours completed since reentry OR I am pursuing an academic certificate and earned credit last semester.
  5. I have a grade point average of at least 3.0 since reentry to college.

If you meet all of the above qualifications, contact:

Arzie Umali

105 Haag Hall, 5120 Rockhill Rd.

umalia@umkc.edu

816-235-5577