New Summer Intern at Women’s Center

By Caroline Turner

Hello! My name is Caroline Turner and I am the new intern at the UMKC Women’s Center! I am super excited about this opportunity, and am looking forward to the next couple months of taking over the blog and social media for the Women’s Center and sharing with you my fascinating discoveries and new information. I will be a senior this fall majoring in Journalism and minoring in Anthropology. I lived on campus my first year at UMKC and was a Peer Mentor for the Univ. 101 course my sophomore year. I think UMKC is an awesome place to be. Throughout my college experience, I became acquainted with more of the services offered here at UMKC. There are tons of resources and support for students and community here, and I am happy to be a part of the Women’s Center to help shed light and spread awareness on topics relating to women. I was drawn to the Women’s Center’s passionate mission for equality, advocacy, and education for the advancement of women’s lives. I look forward to learning more about different issues that women face and how they/we overcome them, and also interacting with this community of amazing women. Outside of my studies, I have many hobbies such as yoga, physical activity, dancing, veganism, music, art, spirituality, reading, and discovering new thought provoking information. Look out for what the Women’s Center is doing this summer, and stay on top of what’s happening with Women in K.C. and around the world with me!