By Thea Voutiritsas
Here are eight memorable moments in 2015 that involved women in sports:
- U.S. Women’s national soccer team won the World Cup
- Oakland Athletics became the first MLB team to hire a female coach
- Jessica Mendoza was the first female analyst to work a big league game on ESPN
- Ronda Rousey happened
- Serena Williams logged her 700th victory, and was named Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the year.
- The final round of the Women’s College World Series in softball did a better ESPN rating than the final round of the College World Series in men’s baseball.
- Mo’ne Davis won best breakthrough athlete and Disney might be making a movie about it.
- Jen Welter became the NFL’s first female coach after being hired by the Arizona Cardinals.
Get it ladies!