New Staff Member: Amanda Johnson

by Amanda Johnson1016084_2062209276884_1581452218_n

Hey there! My name is Amanda Johnson, and I just joined the wonderful team at the UMKC Women’s Center. I am working on my Master of Public Administration with an emphasis in Nonprofit Management at the Henry Bloch School of Management – and I have one year to go! I got a B.A. in Public Affairs and a B.S. in Sociology from Missouri Western State University in 2012. I chose UMKC for my graduate degree because it offers one of the nation’s best programs in Nonprofit Management and the faculty are well-renowned and community involved. I thoroughly love being a Roo. I wanted to work for the Women’s Center after volunteering for the Vagina Monologues show and meeting the fantastic people at the Center. It’s incredibly exciting to work and advocate for women’s and gender issues- a passion I’ve carried with me throughout my life. It’s empowering to be able to work towards better equality at UMKC and the greater community. I am looking forward to participating in the many events the Center has to offer.