Kiara Jefferson: Coming Out Of My Shell

Hello, Hello! My name is Kiara Jefferson, and I am a freshman here at UMKC! I must say that my college experience thus far has been wonderful! Before coming to college, I was very closed and shy. Since being here, I have really come out of my shell and become a pretty outgoing person. I remember my mother saying, I was like a butterfly coming out of her cocoon! I am really obsessed with butterflies — I have been since I was young. I am currently majoring in Biology,  but I’m contemplating maybe also pursuing a double major in Psychology. My goal in life is to become a Labor and Delivery Anesthesiologist, because I love to be in the hospital environment, and I would love to play a major role in bringing a new life to the world.  I am excited that I was chosen to be a part of the Women’s Center family, because I would love to educate other’s while I learn more about myself. One of the Women’s Center’s main missions is to promote gender equality. My mother has always taught me that we are all equal and that I should promote that to others. I am excited about working with everyone here at the Women’s Center and gaining more knowledge about women’s issues in our community and how they affect campus life.