To HPV or not to HPV? That is the Question

So for the past few months I have been debating whether or not to get the HPV vaccine. The HPV virus is passed through genital contact and has been known to come and go on its own. If left undetected and untreated, it can lead to cervical cancer. The thought of getting cervical cancer really scares me. My mom and my aunt both had cervical cancer and I just remember being really scared. With that being said, you would think that I would be the first one in line to get the series of shots. Nope. I have heard a good mix of horror and success stories about the shot. But it’s the horror stories that keep replaying in my mind. I also haven’t decided to get the shot yet because I honestly haven’t done enough research on it to feel comfortable enough to make a decision. I plan on doing some more research on the HPV vaccine to help me make a decision. In the meantime, I have provided a link to a website that gives some basic information on the HPV vaccine to help you or someone make that decision as well. http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-HPV-vaccine-young-women.htm#why