New Intern at the Women’s Center!

De De's Bio PhotoHello! My name is DeAndrea Jones, but I usually go by DeDe. I am very excited to be working in the Women’s Center as their new “Her Art Project” intern. In this position, I ‘ll be able to learn more about the ups and downs of being a woman artist and what I can do to help advance the equality of Women artists.

I am a senior here at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. I will be graduating this December with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Studio Art. I believe it is my calling to help others in any way that I can and encourage them to reach their ultimate goals. I also have a great passion for art and must have it as a part of my life in some way, shape, or form. My personal goals include receiving my Master’s Degree in Social Work and Art Therapy so I can change the world one student or child at a time.

The Women’s Center is a warm and exciting place to be! What really interested me in being a part of this awesome office is the great opportunity of being a part of “Her Art Project”- a collaboration of all of my interests into one.

I look forward to the many experiences and memories I will gain being a part of the Women’s Center working with “Her Art Project”. I also look forward to meeting new people and women artists that inspire me to keep reaching towards my goals.