Don’t Cancel That Class
Are you a UMKC faculty member expecting to miss one (or more) of your classes this semester due to professional or personal reasons?
If so, consider the Don’t Cancel That Class Initiative instead!
At your request, a staff member from the RISE Office will provide your students with an educational presentation related to violence prevention. You may choose from the following topics:
- Engage Overview (bystander intervention program)
- Engage Deeper Dive: Interpersonal Violence
- Engage Deeper Dive: Mental Well-being
- Engage Deeper Dive: Alcohol and Other Drug Issues
- Engage Deeper Dive: Issues of Bias and Discrimination
- Healthy Boundaries
- Technology Use
- Toxic Culture
- Title IX
- RISE staff member can select topic of choice
- We ask that requests be made at least 48 hours in advance of the class time. However, you are welcome to reach out at any point before your class is set to begin. Please be aware that there is no guarantee that a speaker will be available at the requested time.
Requesting a class:
- Contact Aly Frydman via email (email@example.com) or phone (816)-235-5560
- Please include information the following information in your request:
- Name/day/time/location of your course
- Chosen topic for the RISE presentation
- Relevant information regarding your course if applicable (potential connections to class, etc.)
- Basic information about your students if known (average grade level, common major, etc.)