by Dr. Nicole Price Many leaders are promoted to leadership because they are amazing problem solvers as individual contributors. In fact, when asked, no fewer than half of all leaders ... Read more
GROW AS A LEADER. DESIGN AS A STRATEGIST.
Learn from business leaders and academic practitioners who bring significant experience and deep insight into the classroom.
Just as you lead by taking action, you learn by doing. Our APPLIED LEARNING MODEL puts you in the center of understanding and implementing concepts, tools and frameworks organized around ways to address and solve complex business challenges.
Through our “BLOCH DESIGN WORKS” course sequence, we’ll explore every aspect of the design-thinking process. You will learn to approach problem-solving from a customer-focused perspective and practice a methodology that employs creativity and ideation.
SAMPLE PROGRAM TIMELINE
Learn more about the program curriculum with the detailed, month-by-month, overview.
WHEN THERE’S A CHALLENGE, THERE’S AN OPPORTUNITY.
The Strategic Leadership Program features unique opportunities to explore business challenges and dive deep into a real-world project with a partner organization specially selected from the Kansas City community.
Business challenges provide real-world, hands-on, learning-application projects that are timely and of great benefit to project sponsors. You will have the opportunity to work alongside your peers on developing novel solutions to complex challenges throughout the program.
WHY BLOCH STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP PROGRAM?
- Develop a cross-industry peer network
- Hone essential leadership skills
- Discover new approaches to complex problem solving
- Apply learning through hands-on project work
- Work one-on-one with an executive coach
- Develop your leadership pipeline
- Provide challenges for project-based work and receive actionable business solutions
- Gain access to a high-quality, regional leadership development program
- Benefit from team-pricing discounts
Upon completion of the six-month program, you will receive a non-degree certificate of completion from the Bloch School of Management.
For those who continue their learning journey with Bloch and pursue an Executive MBA, your course fees from the Strategic Leadership Program will be applied to your tuition.
What does it cost?
The Strategic Leadership Program will be offered in a hybrid format, meeting monthly in both online and in-person formats. Each month’s schedule may vary slightly but participants can anticipate being online for (3) online sessions (hosted in real-time via. Zoom) as well as meeting one-day per month on campus at UMKC.
February 8, 10, and 15, 2023 (Zoom) & February 17, 2023 (in-person)
March 8, 10, and 15, 2023 (Zoom) & March 17, 2023 (in-person)
April 12, 14, and 19, 2023 (Zoom) & April 21, 2023 (in-person)
May 10, 12, and 17, 2023 (Zoom) & May 19, 2023 (in-person)
June 14, 16, and 21, 2023 (Zoom) & June 23, 2023 (in-person)
July 12, 14, and 26, 2023 (Zoom) & July 28, 2023 (in-person)
Time, Location, Parking
Online classes will be held via. Zoom and hosted from 8:30-12:00. In-person classes meet at the University of Missouri-Kansas City from 9:00-3:00 in Bloch Executive Hall. Our address is 5108 Cherry Street, Kansas City, MO 64110. Parking is included in course fees and a parking pass for the first day of program will be mailed to you along with parking instructions.
Following registration, you will receive confirmation of enrollment and an email with details including any pre-program assignments.
Light breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be provided during each day of in-person class. Health and safety best-practices will be followed in our food and beverage service as well as in shared dining areas.
Photo & Video Policy
By attending the event, you are giving the Bloch School of Management permission to use any photos, videos, or images captured on site for future promotional purposes.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
Program participants (or their organizational representative) should call or email Bloch Executive Education in order to change or cancel registrations.
- Cancellations made prior to 30-days from the first day of the program are eligible for credit towards participating in the next year’s program or full refund.
- Cancellations made between 30-days and 14-days from the first day of the program are eligible for credit towards participating in the next year’s program, or a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made fewer than 14-days from the program start date are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Seminar registrations may be transferred from one individual to another any time up to 14-days before the first day of the program.
- “No-shows” are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Available Discounted Programs
Are you a UMKC Alumni, Central Exchange member or a program partner in the Bloch community?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ then you may qualify for discounted registration.
Are you interested in organizing a group registration?
If you are considering signing up more than one individual we are happy to extend discounted pricing.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-235-2892 if you have any questions.