Pre-Collegiate Students (Grades 7-12): June 21-23
Collegiate Undergraduate/Graduate Students: June 24-26
Interact with Conservatory piano faculty through a series of online workshops, private lessons, and Q&A sessions! This year’s festival includes:
- Interaction with UMKC piano faculty:*
- Two private lessons
- Master classes
- Tailored small-group sessions
- Q&A sessions
- Workshops on the following topics:
- Baroque performance practice and harpsichord with Dr. Alison DeSimone
- Stylistic features with Dr. Owen Belcher
- Opportunity to be featured in a virtual closing recital (based on pre-screening video audition)
*Both in-person and online options are available for private lessons and small group sessions. All other events will be online. Please note that UMKC housing and meals will not be available due to COVID restrictions.
UMKC Summer Piano Competition (Optional): Students who wish to enter the festival competition may indicate this on their registration form.* Prizes include:
- Two $500 UMKC scholarships for best overall performance (one pre-college and one collegiate)
- Best performance of a Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and 20th/21st Century composition.
- Bonus lesson with UMKC faculty
- All winners will be featured in a virtual recital.
*An additional $40 fee is required. Winners will be selected based on pre-screening videos.
Interested participants must submit a pre-screening audition video in order to be accepted into the festival. Prescreening videos will also be used to determine master class and closing recital performers, as well as competition winners. (Note: an extra fee is required if you would like to be considered for the competition)
How to Submit: video submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm, Friday June 4, 2021
Questions? Contact us!
UMKC Summer Piano Festival
5227 Holmes St.
Kansas City, MO 64110