The start-up time for new website and email projects is often cumbersome. Boilerplates and frameworks are a great way to speed up setup time and get you focused on the real project at hand.
The power behind boilerplates is that they are a conglomeration of collective knowledge and continually in development, responding to new web-standards and technology.
As web developers and content managers, we are constantly facing an evolution of website technology. Evernote is a powerfully simple tool to help us keep our research and learnings organized for fast recall.
- Access your notes from desktop, tablet, or mobile
- Platform agnostic (Windows, OSX, iOS, Android)
- File-format agnostic (text, photos, microsoft office, PDF, etc.)
- Collaboration with others (shared notebooks and notes)
- Organization through categories, tags, and searching
- Online publishing and presentations
- Integration with other Apps (i.e. JotNotPro)
- Basic account is free and offers the essential functionality
- SKITCH– screen grabbing tool and annotation
- PENULTIMATE– hand-writing app
- WEB CLIPPER– webpage content saving (text, links, images)
- HELLO– Relations management tool
- FOOD– Recipe, restaurant, and experience tool
- CLEARLY– website content reading tool
- PEAK– Study tool
Web Coder Application:
- Collective knowledge on website development learnings
- Paste in code, screenshots, links, etc
- Recap of last meeting
- Web 2 – Jim Schonemann
- A note about Web cleanup – Alia
- Presentation: HTML 5 – Vishal
- Resources/Cool tools
- Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
- Web2: please continue to move your web files from the web2 server to the dev and prod servers as the server retires on June 30.
- If your web folder on dev and prod contains folder names that start with an underscore, please delete these files. Please do not remove these files on the web2 server.
Presentation: Vishal presented an introduction to HTML5.
Structure is important in building a successful Web site, but it is often difficult to visualize how all of the pages in our site relate to each other. Sitemaps and wireframes are two tools that can help you understand the relationships between parts of a page or sections of a site. Continue reading Starting with Structure