In support of the University of Missouri System Affordable & Open Educational Resources (A&OER) initiative, UMKC has convened an Affordable & Open Educational Resources (A&OER) Committee, consisting of representatives from faculty, UMKC Bookstores, UMKC Online, UMKC Student Disability Services and UMKC Libraries. The mission statement for this committee is:
“The UMKC Affordable & Open Educational Resources (A&OER) Committee works to enhance student academic success through advocating and supporting faculty use of affordable, accessible and open educational resources at the university. Through building university awareness and increasing faculty engagement, the committee strives to provide comprehensive faculty support for the creation and use of A&OER content.”
The UMKC A&OER Committee would like to make faculty aware of the following opportunities to learn and engage with affordable and open educational resources this fall semester.
- Webinar: “Explore, Collaborate and Innovate: Course Grant Funding Webinar,” from 9 a.m. – noon, Tuesday, Aug. 14. Register for this webinar by Aug. 10.
- UM System Affordable & Open Education Resources Grant Opportunities for Faculty – The application period for the fall 2018 UM System A&OER grants is now through Sept. 4. Check out the UM System A&OER website for more information on the grants and for a link to the application.
- FaCET Faculty Workshops (contact Candace Schlein, director of FaCET, to register):
- Part 1 – A workshop for faculty interested in reviewing an open textbook for the Open Textbook Library from 2 – 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 3.
- Part 2 – Hands-on “laptop session” on selecting A&OER materials from 2 – 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 23.