We are your UMKC Staff Council, and we are here to serve you! To achieve our mission, the goals are to:
- Build relationships with (mid-level) leadership to improve and increase engagement.
- Advocate for staff AND maintain commitment to university initiatives.
- Improve two-way communication between staff and Staff Council.
- Increase awareness and recognition for staff achievements and accomplishments.
Programs and Services
To achieve these goals, Staff Council offers the following programs and services:
- The 1st Wednesday of every month (except July and August), UMKC Staff Council to discuss initiatives and hear presentations from administrators, directors, and others about what is going on at UMKC.
- Monthly, the Engagement Committee participates in the Kasey Kudos High Five program
- Every month, the Outreach Committee plans various drives and volunteer opportunities with local charities for UMKC Staff and others to participate in.
Staff Appreciation Week
- The Engagement Committee assists with events throughout the year, including fundraising events, and plans the Staff Picnic that takes place during Staff Appreciation Week every year.
- The Professional Development Committee plans the Professional Development Conference with 20 breakout sessions, a keynote, and recognition for Staff Council members.
- Advocated for a Staff Ombudsperson position
- Partnered with Human Resources to spread the word about the SPEER Fund
- Staff Council Scholarship Fund
- The Communications Committee releases a monthly newsletter to update UMKC Staff with what is happening around UMKC, as well as support events by creating fliers and email blasts.
- The Engagement Committee organizes voting for Staff Awards
- Partners with UMKC Counseling Services and UMKC Division of Diversity and Inclusion to provide dialogue sessions for staff looking to process experiences in the workplace.
- Provides representation on various committees and councils to provide a voice for staff.
- The Professional Development Committee provides a fall speaker series.