Manage Your Organization

Are you a leader for one of our 300+ student organizations at UMKC? Do you want to start a new organization? Find the information you need below to register and manage your organization.


Each year, your organization will be required to re-register and update your RooGroups profile.

Annual Registration Process

Registration occurs twice annually during the Fall and Spring semester. The form is available from mid-July to the second week of classes in the fall, as well as in January/February for the spring semester (for inactive organizations or new organizations only). Failure to re-register your organization will result in the organization losing its active status and all rights and privileges.

Steps to register your organization

  1. Log into RooGroups
  2. Select the Organization tab
  3. Select Register an Organization
  4. Select your organization

In order to register your organization, you will need the following information:

  1. A digital copy of your constitution and bylaws (Word document or PDF preferred). Please note: All constitutions and bylaws must include the mandatory statements(PDF).
  2. The name and contact information for each member of your executive board (e.g. president, vice president, treasurer, etc.)
  3. The name and contact information for your faculty/staff advisor. One advisor must be a faculty/staff full-time employee of UMKC; the other is the alumni advisor.
  4. An updated RooGroups profile for your organization

Reactivating Your Organization

If your organization fails to complete the annual re-registration, they will become inactive. This means they will be removed from the registered student organization list and will have no rights as a registered student organization at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. If an organization is inactive for over a year, the organization will be disabled and considered dissolved. This will result in all organization funding being returned to the Student Activity Fee Committee.

Contact the Coordinator of Student Organizations to let them know that you are interested in reactivating an organization (


Each student organization is expected to track its income and expenses and may use our sample account ledgers to get started. While the RooGroups Finance Accounts may aid you in tracking your organization’s account, these are only updated once a month and not all transactions may be shown.

Requesting Funding

The Student Activity Fee Committee (SAFC) makes recommendations on allocation of the Student Activity Fee funds for organizations. This fee is paid by all enrolled students at UMKC and funds organizations, as well as other student activities and services. Find out more about SAFC funding for your organization.

Using Funding

The Office of Student Involvement has purchasing credit cards (p-cards) available for student organization use. In order to use one of these, organizations must submit a P-Card Request at least 48 business hours in advance of their request checkout date.

Academic units that have student organization p-cards have their own reservation process. Please contact them directly if you wish to use these cards in lieu of reserving the OSI p-cards.

Transactions over $1000.00 will be automatically declined. For purchases over this amount, student organizations must submit a Purchase Request form that can be found on your RooGroups Finance tab.


University-sponsored travel, events or activities are those that are financially supported by student activity fees or other university financial resources. To ensure that these are consistent with the mission of the University and that student safety issues have been addressed, UMKC sponsored student travel and events must be approved in advance by an advisor and by the Office of Student Involvement.

Details and Forms

Travel to University-sponsored activities is limited to UMKC students, faculty or staff unless authorized by the Office of Student Involvement, who may permit others in the University of Missouri System.

Submit the Funding Request Form to request funding for travel. If you are traveling on behalf of an organization, please be sure to select the organization tab and designate your organization. If you are traveling as an individual, you must select the individual tab.

Once your travel has been approved, you may complete the Travel Booking Request Form.