The Applied Language Institute offers attractive housing options while you study.
Check out the different options below:
The ALI offers a home-stay program to ALI students. Students live with an American host. Many students choose this option to feel at home and learn more about American culture.
- Stay with an US host who has been pre-screened by the ALI.
- Improve your English outside the classroom.
- Live the culture in a family environment.
- Homes are close to campus, often just a short bus ride away.
When you live on campus, you have the opportunity to interact with both U.S. and International students. This offers many benefits; from building connections with others in your field to learning how to work with other cultures. UMKC’s on-campus housing provides you with plenty of personal space while giving you a chance to be a part of the larger university community.
- Stay in a hall with other US and international students.
- Private or shared rooms and bathrooms.
- A Meal Plan is required for all students staying in the dorms.
- Cost varies depending on the room and meal plan.
- Cost: From $1,125 to $1,365 per month.
Other housing is available near campus, but is not assigned through UMKC.
If you’d like more information about Off-Campus Housing at UMKC, please check out ISAO’s website.