Pay Resident Fees for Undergraduate Degree Courses!
What is the ALI/CNR Academic Scholarship?
The ALI Academic Scholarship nominates international students to pay only resident tuition on all their undergraduate degree courses at the UMKC. This could reduce your tuition significantly!! (This is for tuition only and does not apply to books, housing, or other fees)
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
- Students who have studied more than 2-semesters in the Applied Language.
- Institute’s Intensive English Program and who are currently in Level 4 or 5.
- Students who will be receiving no other aid (ex: additional scholarships, government sponsorship).
- You must successfully complete all recommended Intensive English courses this semester.
- You must have a minimum 3.0 GPA for your ALI classes.
- You must be admitted to an undergraduate degree program at UMKC for the Fall 2018 Semester.
- You have not taken any undergraduate degree courses at UMKC (examples: English 250, Math).
- You will be a full-time, undergraduate student studying toward a degree at UMKC.
- You will begin your undergraduate degree program in Fall 2018, not in Summer 2018.
- You do not already have other academic scholarships or pay reduced or resident tuition.
How do I apply for the ALI/CNR Scholarship?
- Fill out a scholarship application form. Applications will be available at the front desk of the ALI office beginning mid-November and mid-April, to apply for the following 16-week semester.
- Submit your scholarship application to the ALI office before noon on Friday, April 27th, 2018.
No recommendation letters are needed. Each scholarship recipient will be chosen by the Applied Language Institute and this information will be forwarded to the student’s academic department.
Final approval and the amount of each scholarship will be decided by your academic department.