The Brookside 51 construction project has reached the stage where the remaining street work can be finished. The new curbs along the south side of 51st Street are nearing completion and the next step is the asphalt overlay, which will require 51st Street to be closed. Kansas City Missouri Water Services will also conduct repairs and maintenance during this time. The fence will remain in the current position to allow clearance to the North Façade. Patronage of all the shops and businesses (Pride Cleaners, Crows Coffee, Subway, Kin Lin, Sahara and Pizza 51) who will be affected is encouraged. Gift cards will be issued to the first 50 people who respond to this email address: email@example.com.
Below is the work schedule:
- Week of June 26 – Water Services will close the west bound land of 51st Street. Access will remain open between Colonial Shops and Pizza 51. With good weather, this work is anticipated to take four or five days.
- Week of July 3 – All streets will be open for the holiday week.
- Week of July 10 – 51st Street between Oak Street and Brookside Boulevard will be closed to mill and overlay the asphalt. With good weather, this work is anticipated to take two to five days.
- Weeks of July 17 and July 24 – All streets will be open.
- Week of July 31 – Water Services will complete repairs on 51st Street west of Brookside Boulevard. This will require the closure of 51st Street west of Brookside Boulevard only. With good weather, this work is expected to last three or four days.
- All work will be completed by Aug. 4 in advance of classes resuming at UMKC.
Rockhill and Hospital Hill Parking Garages
Miscellaneous repairs to these parking structures are scheduled to begin during the last week of June and will be complete by Aug. 10. Specific repairs include replacement of the low slope, flat roofs on all three stair towers at the Rockhill Parking Garage (52nd and Rockhill Road). At the Hospital Hill Parking Garage (24th Street and Charlotte Street), sealant, flashing and metal closure panels will be installed in the areas where the two stair towers interface with the garage. Work will be performed during normal business hours at each site. At the Rockhill structure, the top level will be cordoned off at the ramp and interior stairs from the fourth to fifth levels for the duration of project, except to allow access to the top level for scheduled class activity on Friday evenings from 6 p.m. to midnight. At Hospital Hill, access from the garage to the elevator in stair #1 (south), as well as stair #2 (north), may be obstructed at one level at a time only. Signage will be posted at the garage entry and the level affected to communicate closures on a daily basis.