The following UMKC staff has been selected as the 2013 Administrative Leadership Development Program participants:
- Alice Arredeondo, Assistant Dean, Admissions and Recruitment, School of Medicine
- Bonita Baxter, Manager Business and Fiscal Operations, Student Affairs
- Nancy Merz, Director, Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Affairs
- Jeffrey Primos, Director of Business Affairs, School of Dentistry
- Jenny Redix Jordan, Director of Career Services, School of Law
- James Schonemann II, Director Network Services, Information Services
- Donald Simmons, Police Captain, Administrative Services
A component of the UM System President’s Academic Leadership Institute, the ALDP focuses on professional development for mid-level management leaders across the UM System. Mel Tyler, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and Carol Hintz, Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources, are the UMKC executive sponsors of ALDP.
The year-long program is designed to help participants understand their leadership styles through personal assessment, enhance their leadership skills through hands-on activities and simulations, and develop a network of peers across the System.
Application to the program includes a personal essay and supporting reference from the applicant’s supervisor. Approximately 25 participants from across the System are selected every year as the incoming class.