The following UMKC staff have been selected as the 2012 Administrative Leadership Development Program (ALDP) participants:
- Cyndi Cusick, Administrative Manager, School of Nursing
- Andrew Draker, Manager, UMKC Data Warehouse & Reporting
- Lyndsey Magrone, Supervisor, Information Services Call Center
- Beth Medley, Associate Director, Career Services
- Linna Place, Director, International Academic Programs
- Laura Rupp, Director, Special Events & Conference Services
A component of the UM System President’s Academic Leadership Institute (PALI), the ALDP focuses on professional development for mid-level management leaders across the UM System. Mel Tyler, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and Carol Hintz, Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources, are the UMKC executive sponsors of ALDP.
The year-long program is designed to help participants understand their leadership styles through personal assessment, enhance their leadership skills through hands-on activities and simulations, and develop a network of peers across the System.
Application to the program includes a personal essay and supporting reference from the applicant’s supervisor. Approximately 25 participants from across the System are selected every year as the incoming class.