Free flu shots will be provided to UMKC faculty, staff and retirees enrolled in the UM Choice Health Care Program. Bring your Coventry Health Care card to the flu vaccine site. If you are not enrolled in the UM Choice Health Care Program, there will be a $25 fee which may be paid in cash or check.
Dependents (nine years and older) enrolled in UM Choice Health Care Program and accompanied by a parent or guardian, may also receive the free vaccine. Due to different vaccination needs, children age eight and younger may obtain their flu vaccine from their healthcare provider, health department or community clinic.
The fair will offer the following free screenings for all employees and their family members: blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, and body mass index. For screenings, fasting is recommended for the most accurate results. No food 9-12 hours prior to testing, but participants should drink plenty of water before testing and take regular medications. Screenings will still be available for those who have eaten.
- Cholesterol (total, LDL, HDL, triglycerides)
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index
Get your screenings and be eligible for great prizes! All employees who complete at least one health screening will be eligible to win:
- $50 American Express gift card – donated by Coventry Healthcare
- (4) $25 gift cards to the UMKC Bookstore – donated by Volker & Hospital Hill Campus Bookstores
- (4) $10 gift cards to the Student Union’s new retail operations – donated by Sodexo, UMKC’s Dining Services
- Four reserved UMKC Men’s Basketball single game tickets, plus access to the Kangaroo Club for a pre-game meal and drinks – donated by UMKC Athletics
- (2) Three month SRC memberships – donated by Swinney Recreation Center
- (2) Four free UMKC theatre tickets for 2010-2011 season – donated by UMKC’s Theatre Department
- (6) Bod Pod evaluations (body composition) – donated by Swinney Recreation Center
- (2) cookbooks: “Healthy Cooking Basics” & “Healthy & Happy Celebrations” – donated by UMKC’s Weight Watchers at Work Program
- (2) Wellness gift baskets – donated by Healthy for Life
Along with your insurance card, bring your completed flu shot form to the vaccination site to save time in line. You can find the form on the flu shot page for your campus on the Healthy for Life website.
An alternate date for UMKC faculty, staff and retirees to receive flu shots is Nov. 18, Noon – 3:00 p.m., the Administrative Center, Gillham Park Conference Room.
EXHIBITORS (Nov. 3 – Pierson Auditorium)
Learn more to maintain or improve your good health with interactive displays from:
- American Cancer Society
- Cleveland Chiropractic College
- Coventry Healthcare Inc.
- Drive for COPD Campaign (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Healthy for Life
- Mason Eye Institute
- Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- UMKC Clean Commute
- UMKC Food Services – Sodexo
- UMKC Swinney Recreation Center
- WomenHeart: the National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease