UMKC Student Health Education Services are committed to building on students’ knowledge and skills to create a healthy campus and community. The goal is to motivate students to improve and maintain their health, prevent disease, and reduce risky behaviors.
- Bed Bugs
- Bladder Irritants
- Body Piercings
- Breast Implants (The 5 Things to Know about Breast Implants)
- Chicken Pox (Varicella Zoster) Infection
- Computer Workstation eTool Checklist
- Concussion and Brain Injury – CDC
- Contraception, Birth Control Options and Effectiveness – CDC
- Contraception, What To Do After Late or Missed Oral Birth Control Pill?
- Contraception, What To Do After Delayed Application or Detachment of Patch?
- Contraception, What To Do After Delayed Insertion or Reinsertion of Vaginal Ring?
- Pap Testing (What is it and why do I need it?)
- Plantar Warts
- PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) Brochure
- Taking Care of Your Basic Health Needs
- Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) -healthy diet
- Tobacco Cessation Resources
- Travel Safety – Food and Water – CDC
- Travel – Insect Repellents Help Prevent Malaria Spread by Mosquitoes – CDC
- Traveler’s Tips
UMKC Health Education Services supports student success by providing timely and accurate information, health-related programs, smoking cessation sessions, events and support on a variety of health topics. The Health Educator is available to give presentations on a variety of health topics that may be modified to meet your specific request. Student Health and Wellness requires program and material request submissions two weeks prior to the event. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Interested in submitting a program request? Please make sure that the contact person provided will be present at the event. If you have further questions, contact the Health Educator at (816) 235-5350.