The mission of the UMKC Staff Council Advocacy Committee is to represent and promote the interests and concerns of the collective body.
Chair: Becky Pottebaum
Members: Anna Armstrong, Dea Bermudez, Nancy Bond, Marlana Dickerson, Jeff Heckathorn, Carla Heins, Kimberly Johnson, Lyndsey Magrone, Jenea Oliver, Lisa Paschang, Polly Prendergast, Kevin Sansberry, Lorelei Sells, Sheri Volpe
Second Tuesday of each month at 10:30-11:30 am
- The Human Resources department has several books available on parenting and child development on through myLearn/Books 24×7. Access myLearn from myHR > Main Menu > Self Service > Personal Information >HR Training-myLearn). Search for “parenting” to access these sources.
- Another parenting/family source is the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services website.
- The National Caregivers Library website has many resources for caregivers, employers, and co-workers.
- Multiple articles that cover issues working parents encounter can be found at About.com’s Working Mom’s forum.
- Berkley’s website contains information on Berkley, an events calendar, and links to other important child development information.