The mission of the UMKC Staff Council Advocacy Committee is to represent and promote the interests and concerns of the collective body.
Chair: Carla Heins Co-Chair: Mary Cleveland
Members: Selena Albert and Della Damon
2014-2015 MONTHLY MEETINGS:
4th Thursday of every month, 2-3 pm in the Loose Park Room at the Administrative Center.
- The Human Resources department has several books available on parenting and child development on through myLearn/Books 24×7. Access myLearn from myHR > Main Menu > Self Service > Personal Information >HR Training-myLearn). Search for “parenting” to access these sources.
- Another parenting/family source is the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services website.
- The National Caregivers Library website has many resources for caregivers, employers, and co-workers.
- Multiple articles that cover issues working parents encounter can be found at About.com’s Working Mom’s forum.
- Berkley’s website contains information on Berkley, an events calendar, and links to other important child development information.