The mission of the UMKC Staff Council Advocacy Committee is to represent and promote the interests and concerns of the collective body.
Chair/Co-Chairs: Becky Pottebaum and Sheri Volpe
Members: Dee Bermudez, Mary Cleveland, Marlana Dickerson, Jennifer Fultz, Mary Gawron, Pamela Haney, Jeff Heckathorn, Carla Heins, Lyndsey Magrone, Dyana Margeson, Karla Martinez, Lisa Paschang, Kevin Sansberry, Lorelei Sells, Allan Simpson
2013-2014 MONTHLY MEETINGS:
Second Thursday of every month, 3-4 pm
GOALS: Awareness Articles, Helpful Hints, Town Hall Forum in the Fall
- The Human Resources department has several books available on parenting and child development on through myLearn/Books 24×7. Access myLearn from myHR > Main Menu > Self Service > Personal Information >HR Training-myLearn). Search for “parenting” to access these sources.
- Another parenting/family source is the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services website.
- The National Caregivers Library website has many resources for caregivers, employers, and co-workers.
- Multiple articles that cover issues working parents encounter can be found at About.com’s Working Mom’s forum.
- Berkley’s website contains information on Berkley, an events calendar, and links to other important child development information.