UMKC Pride Awards serves to acknowledge members of the UMKC community who have contributed to the betterment of our LGBTQIA community through education, support, programming, or activism. These select awards aim to identify outstanding individuals who have contributed through these areas of service and outreach, establishing a safer and more welcoming environment at UMKC. A […]
Help support LGBTQIA Programs & Services, while showing your Roo-Pride! LGBTQIA Programs & Services is proud to be celebrating 10 years of service at UMKC. Your support contributes to continued programs, resources, and support for our students at UMKC. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your order today. $10 for students | $20 for non-students
UMKC is proud to be hosting the 22nd annual Midwest Bisexual Lesbian Gay Transgender Ally College Conference in Downtown Kansas City, February 7-9th! We hope you can help us make MBLGTACC’s first appearance in Missouri memorable by volunteering. Help us welcome more than 2300 LGBTQIA students from across the Midwest to Kansas City.
Welcome to the homepage for UMKC LGBTQIA Programs & Services. Our mission is to provide Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Ally (LGBTQIA) students with the support, resources, and education needed to become full members of the UMKC campus community and the communities where they live. Our programs aim to provide students, faculty, and […]
- Kansas views on water, streaming video, gay marriage, Kochs, interstate ... - Kansas.com March 10, 2014Kansas views on water, streaming video, gay marriage, Kochs, interstate ...Kansas.comWater – It was good to hear something positive on the Ogallala Aquifer, the underground water supply that helps sustain a region heavily dependent on agriculture. A recent report showed that the rate of depletion of the aquifer slowed last year. Late ...
- Kansas gay marriage debate pushed to next year - Lawrence Journal World March 6, 2014Kansas.comKansas gay marriage debate pushed to next yearLawrence Journal WorldTOPEKA — Kansas legislators are finished considering new legal protections this year for those who opposing gay marriage on religious grounds but will debate the issue in 2015, the state Senate's top leader said Thursday. Senate President Susan Wagle ...Kansas renews debate on […]
- Kansas renews debate on protecting gay-union foes - KWCH March 6, 2014KWCHKansas renews debate on protecting gay-union foesKWCHTOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas legislators are reopening debate on whether the state should enact special legal protections for people, groups and businesses opposing gay marriage for religious reasons. A Senate panel was taking testimony Thursday from ...
- Kansas legislators didn't mean to discriminate against gay people? Put it in ... - Kansas City Star March 5, 2014Kansas City StarKansas legislators didn't mean to discriminate against gay people? Put it in ...Kansas City StarKansas pleaded that it didn't mean to condone discrimination against gay people. John Hanna | The Associated Press Tom Witt ... Because more than anything else, last month's debacle proved the need to protect gay and lesbian people a […]
- Kansas gay rights advocates see chance to expand anti-bias laws with marriage ... - The Republic March 2, 2014The RepublicKansas gay rights advocates see chance to expand anti-bias laws with marriage ...The RepublicTOPEKA, Kansas — Gay rights advocates aren't content with simply blocking a measure they believed encouraged businesses and government workers to refuse to serve gays and lesbians. They're seeking new protections against bias in hiring, employme […]
- 'Lesbians Who Tech' Promotes a New Gay Agenda - Huffington Post March 11, 2014'Lesbians Who Tech' Promotes a New Gay AgendaHuffington PostWith the successful culmination of the gay and lesbian community's two main federal policy goals, dismantling both "don't ask, don't tell" (DADT) and the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), many have been wondering what the future agenda might entail ...
- Pope says Catholic Church should not dismiss gay marriage - Telegraph.co.uk March 11, 2014Telegraph.co.ukPope says Catholic Church should not dismiss gay marriageTelegraph.co.ukPope Francis says the issue of gay marriage should be studied and not dismissed out-of-hand, a senior Roman Catholic cardinal has revealed. Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the outspoken archbishop of New York, said Pope Francis had told him: “Rather than ...Cardinal Dolan: Pope wa […]
- Benefit concert provides patrons with limitless laughter November 18, 2013Margaret Cho and company keep audience laughing, thinking An evening of laughs and raunchy entertainment commandeered the Folly Theatre on Nov. 13. A benefit show for the LIKEME Lighthouse, a Kansas City-based LGBT community center, offered a line-up of topnotch comedians. Chely Wright, Kansas City native and founder of the LIKEME organization, hosted the ni […]Roze Brooks
- LGBTQIA Programs and Services Celebrates 10 Years September 10, 2013LGBTQIA Programs and Services celebrates 10 years of dedication and advocacy for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual and ally students this year. Though this acronym may seem long and overwhelming to some, UMKC’s history of pride and progress has paved the way for the success of not only the decade-old resource center, […]Jessica Turner