LGBTQIA Social Meetings Every Wednesday of Spring 2017 (starting February 1st) 1-2pm in Student Union 325 (Rainbow Lounge) LGBTQIA Programs & Services and Pride Alliance are working together to provide LGBTQIA Social Meetings. These are weekly meetings where those who identify as LGBTQIA and allies meet together. Meetings consist of checking in on how each person is […]
Wednesday, April 12th 6:00pm UMKC Pierson Auditorium Register Here Celebrating UMKC LGBTQIA Pride Month in collaboration with the University of Missouri-Kansas City LGBTQIA Affairs Council, UMKC Student Government Association (SGA), and LGBTQIA Programs & Services in the Office of Student Involvement. Angelica Ross: Transgender Entrepreneur, Activist, Model & Actress From the board room, to film […]
Welcome to the homepage for UMKC LGBTQIA Programs & Services. Housed in the Office of Student Involvement, our mission is to provide Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, and Ally (LGBTQIA) students with the support, resources, and education needed to become full members of the UMKC campus community and the communities where they […]
UMKC Pride Alliance and UMKC LGBTQIA Programs & Services is excited to welcome trans athletes and educators Pat Manuel and Edxie Betts to UMKC, next Tuesday November 15th. Cosponsored by the UMKC Title IX Office and the Student Activity Fee Committee. On November 15th, Pat and Edxie will lead two workshops for UMKC students, faculty, staff, […]
UMKC is proud to host the 4th annual Show Me Pride College Summit in partnership with the Missouri GSA Network. The Summit is a unique “UnConference” experience, created for flexibility and empowerment of Missouri college students. Please register and help us spread the word–all Missouri college students are welcome to attend! Registration is live! Fill out the form below or click […]
- Teen suicide attempts fell as same-sex marriage became legal - Kansas City Star February 20, 2017Orlando SentinelTeen suicide attempts fell as same-sex marriage became legalKansas City StarTeen suicide attempts in the U.S. declined after same-sex marriage became legal and the biggest impact was among gay, lesbian and bisexual kids, a study found. The research found declines in states that passed laws allowing gays to marry before the ...State Same-Sex Marriage Policies […]
- Trans-Atlantic relations put to test in Trump's first month - Kansas City Star February 20, 2017Kansas City StarTrans-Atlantic relations put to test in Trump's first monthKansas City StarAfter President Donald Trump's raucous first month in office, Europeans have reacted with demonstrations, counter-barbs and sheer angst that a century of trans-Atlantic friendship may be sinking. "Too much has happened," European Union leader Donald ...and more »
- Washington court rules against florist in gay wedding case - Kansas City Star February 16, 2017Kansas City StarWashington court rules against florist in gay wedding caseKansas City StarThe Washington Supreme Court ruled unanimously Thursday that a florist who refused to provide services for a same-sex wedding broke the state's antidiscrimination law, even though she claimed doing so would violate her religious beliefs. A lower court ...and more »
- LGBT inclusion in sex education for Kansas public schools - KSNT February 16, 2017KSNTLGBT inclusion in sex education for Kansas public schoolsKSNTLAWRENCE, Kan. (KSNT) – A gender equality group in Kansas is looking for lawmakers to bring big changes to the state. Those changes would be for all Kansas public schools to teach LGBT inclusive sex education to students. Kansas schools would have ...and more »
- Parents of transgender students appeal to Trump on bathrooms - KAKE February 15, 2017KAKEParents of transgender students appeal to Trump on bathroomsKAKE(AP Photo/Elaine Thompson, File). FILE - In this May 17, 2016 file photo, a new sticker is placed on the door at the ceremonial opening of a gender neutral bathroom at Nathan Hale High School in Seattle. Hundreds of parents across the country have call.and more »
- 'Gay' forever? 'Straight' forever? - WND.com February 21, 2017WND.com'Gay' forever? 'Straight' forever?WND.comJoseph Farah is founder, editor and chief executive officer of WND. He is the author or co-author of 13 books that have sold more than 5 million copies, including his latest, "The Restitution of All Things: Israel, Christians, and the End of the Age ...
- Transgender school bus driver, former submariner embraces life she knew was hers - OCRegister February 20, 2017OCRegisterTransgender school bus driver, former submariner embraces life she knew was hersOCRegisterMarsha Morgan, 54, was adopted at birth. Her water-view San Clemente bedroom has a prized brown teddy bear on the bed, along with magazine covers of transgender women. Morgan is having gender reassignment surgery in April. (Photo by Cindy ...
- Keep the Anger, Lose the Hate November 15, 2016Anger is a powerful tool. If nothing else, this election proved that fact. Trump ran a hateful, angry campaign, and it paid off very well for him. The impulse to spew all that hate right back into his orange, pudgy little face is alarmingly strong. Succumbing to this temptation is satisfying too. The only thing […]Sam Danley
- How KC Played a Role in LGBT History October 25, 2016The Stonewall riots, which took place in New York City during the summer of 1969, are generally considered the spark that ignited the gay liberation movement. While there’s no denying the importance of Stonewall, many people often overlook another event that also played an important role in the emergence of LGBT activism. The first ever […]Sam Danley