Welcome to the homepage for UMKC LGBTQIA Programs & Services. Housed in the Office of Student Involvement, our mission is to provide Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, and Ally (LGBTQIA) students with the support, resources, and education needed to become full members of the UMKC campus community and the communities where they […]
UMKC and the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures is proud to welcome DENICE FROHMAN! Denice is an award-winning poet, lyricist, and educator, whose work explores the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, and the “in-betweeness” that exists in us all. Born and raised in New York City, she is the 2013 Women of the World Poetry Slam Champion, […]
States of Grace Tuesday, April 5th at 7pm Student Union Theater Join us for a special FREE screening of States of Grace. The profound transformation of a Bay Area family lies at the heart of this story about resilience and the healing power of community and spiritual practice. For Dr. Grace Dammann, a pioneering AIDS specialist, […]
UMKC SGA Black Lives Matter Speaker Series and UMKC LGBTQIA Pride Month Presents: A Conversation with Janet Mock Monday, April 18th 6:00pm UMKC Pierson Auditorium Register Here Celebrating UMKC LGBTQIA Pride Month and the UMKC SGA Black Lives Matter Series, in collaboration with the University of Missouri-Kansas City LGBTQIA Affairs Council, UMKC Student Government […]
Join us on February 11th, Roos! The LGBTQIA Affairs Student Council hopes you will join us for the next LGBTQIA Social! Come meet your different LGBTQIA student organizations, play some games, and enjoy some FREE food! We hope to see you Thursday, February 11th at 7:00pm in the Oak Street Hall Basement.
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Transgender - the T in LGBTQ - stakes its claim at PrideFest - PennLive.com July 30, 2016PennLive.comTransgender - the T in LGBTQ - stakes its claim at PrideFestPennLive.com"For years we have been shoved under the carpet, given no say," said Stephanie Josephine Fritsch, a transgender woman who on Saturday was volunteering with Trans Central PA. "It's going to take a long time to get equality, but it will happen.".and more »
- Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey apologizes for 'Gay Street' Snapchat - Entertainment Weekly July 30, 2016New York Daily NewsTeen Wolf star Tyler Posey apologizes for 'Gay Street' SnapchatEntertainment WeeklyTyler Posey of MTV's Teen Wolf took to Twitter to apologize for a recent Snapchat that many interpreted as his coming out. “I am a big proponent of love over hate, and standing together during divisive times,” he wrote in a series […]
- New Fraternity Strives for Greater LGBT Acceptance November 8, 2015Tweet A new fraternity has joined UMKC’s campus this semester. Delta Lambda Phi is a new interest group fraternity that participates in community service, social and philanthropic events. LGBT support is one of the key factors allowing this fraternity to be different than the rest on campus. Junior Zendrix Berndt recently joined DLP. […]Jared Thompson
- Ice Cream Social serves up sugary introductions: Pride Alliance and LGBTQIA Programs & Services hold 9th annual event to raise awareness for LGBT programs September 8, 2014Tweet Pride Alliance and LGBTQIA Programs & Services co-sponsored the 9th annual Welcome Week Ice Cream Social on Aug. 28 in the University Walkway. Kona Ice served tropical flavored shaved ice to interested students from a company truck parked in the walkway. Pride Alliance, the University’s LGBT student organization, hosts the Ice Cream Social with […]Tory Foulk