Class fees are from $10 – $18 depending on number of sessions and total class hours. Some classes require a material fee to be paid at time of registration. There is a $3 registration fee charged once a semester per person. Children 12 & under are free when attending the same class with an adult. You must tell Communiversity that you are enrolling a minor child at the time of registration. The same discounts apply to Seniors (65 or older) and Faculty/Staff at UMKC. They are: $1 off the first class and $2 off all subsequent classes plus we waive the $3 registration fee. ALWAYS FREE TO UMKC STUDENTS, however, material fees must be paid.
We Offer 5 Ways to Register
- On-Line registration is now available. You can register and pay online with Visa, Mastercard or Discover: a) Figure out what classes you want to take by searching. b) to register you will need to create an account or log in. c) Once logged in you can search for the class you want, add it to your cart and pay for it with a credit card (MC, Visa, Discover or American Express.
- By Mail (Checks or Visa/MasterCard/Discover) Begins when you find a catalog. Mail to: Student Union, Office of Student Involvement, 5100 Cherry #320, KCMO 64110. Make checks out to Communiversity. Mail processed on a first come, first served basis. You will be notified only in the event of a class change.
- In-Person (Cash, Checks or Visa/MasterCard/Discover) Communiversity is open for registration from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Communiversity office is located at the new Student Union, Office of Student Involvement, 5100 Cherry #320, KCMO 64110.
- By Phone (Visa/MasterCard/Discover) Communiversity is open for registration from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 816-235-1407; only Visa, MasterCard or Discover are accepted for phone in registration. Please have your credit card number and expiration date handy when you call. Confirmation of your registration is at the time you call. Hearing Impaired: Call 1-800-735-2966 TT; 1-800-735-2466 (voice)
- By Fax (Visa/MasterCard/Discover) Fax your completed registration form with Visa, MasterCard or Discover info to 816-235-5612, 24 hours every day. You will be notified only in the event of a class change.
Cash refunds are not issued unless Communiversity or the convener cancels the class. Letters of credit can be issued if you cancel 5 working days before the class. Material fees will be refunded if you cancel 10 working days before a scheduled class. Please Read Before Registering! To be announced updated information will be available at the time of registration. Please check the addendum page before your class meets for any changes or cancellations. If you mailed in your registration and you don’t hear from Communiversity, assume your registration has been accepted and go to class.