The Weekend Manager at the John Wornall House is primarily responsible for giving public tours, opening and closing the Museum, providing support to volunteer docents and administrative support to staff. This is a part-time (11-hours/week) hourly, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Public Programming and Events. Core hours are Saturdays-Sundays, flexible hours depending on the event schedule. Museum background preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform the regular procedures to open and close the House, preparing it for public tours.
• Give public tours as needed and provide support to volunteer docents.
• Participate in group visits such as school and scouting field trips by giving tours and implementing program activities.
• Access the database to look up and enter data for members and donors.
• Answer the phones and take messages.
• Process admissions, gift shop sales, and other payments such as program and event tickets and memberships.
• Prepare and reconcile the cash box.
• Complete administrative projects as assigned by the Executive Director, and the Director of Public Programming and Events.
• Assist the Volunteer Manager in recruiting, training, scheduling, supervising, and recognizing volunteer docents for public tours.
• Assist the Volunteer Manager in the development an annual appreciation program for volunteers.
• Assist the Volunteer Manager in scheduling group tours and field trips and securing the volunteers and staff as needed.
• Assist the Director of Public Programming and Events with curriculum development for camps (i.e. summer, winter, spring break).
• Maintain an inviting and presentable environment of the facilities and grounds.
• Be available to work with staff on educational and fundraising events for the Wornall/Majors House Museums (WMHM).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the WMHM.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as a team player.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively and work flexibly and productively.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including outstanding aptitude in customer service.
• Experience in museums and/or nonprofits.
• Willingness to foster the mission and values of WMHM by being an active, passionate member of our staff.
Compensation: Pay rate $10.00 per hour.
To apply send resume to:
Kerrie Nichols, Executive Director