6115 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64113
The Wornall/Majors House Museums
SEASONAL POSITION AT THE WORNALL/MAJORS HOUSE MUSEUMS
SUMMER CAMP MANAGER
ABOUT THE CAMP
Camp Wornall/Majors introduces children to what daily life was like on the frontier 150 years ago through interactive activities and experiences. Campers will have the opportunity to travel through history, from Native American communities through the Civil War. History will come to life for children as they interact with reenactors and participate in story-telling about the Underground Railroad, the Battle of Westport, the Pony Express, and more. They will also have hands-on opportunities to learn how to create various items that were integral to pioneer life: everything from paint, granola, rope, ink, and fabrics. Camp Wornall/Majors is for children who have completed kindergarten through age 12.
2 Week-long camps take place 9 AM – 4 PM at the Alexander Majors House (8201 State Line Rd., KCMO 64113) Monday-Thursday, and at the John Wornall House (6115 Wornall Rd., KCMO 64114) on Friday.
Dates: June 12-16, July 10-14
3 One-day camps 9 AM – 5 PM, 2 at the Alexander Majors House, and 1 at the John Wornall House.
Dates: June 8, June 26, July 18
JOB DESCRIPTION: CAMP MANAGER
- The Camp Manager is responsible, in conjunction with the Camp Director, for overseeing the supervision, coordination, and evaluation of Camp Wornall/Majors including:
- Preparing daily camp activities
- Leading group activities and lessons
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and administration of camp programs and activities
- Supervising volunteers and junior counselors
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of college with a major in education, history or non-profit management
- Availability for all sessions of camp plus additional time to prep for camp as needed.
- Must pass an NCSI background check.
- CPR/First Aid certified, or willing to obtain certification, paid for by Wornall/Majors.
- Preference will be given to individuals with relevant experience in history or education
To apply send resume to:
Sarah Bader-King, Director of Public Programming and Events