The UMKC Women’s Center is #RooReady to assist our students this fall semester. Our office will be available by appointment – you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.35.1638 to arrange an appointment with a staff member to check out library books, use the lactation room, or to access other in-person services. A number of safety measures will be in place to ensure the safety of our visitors and our staff while in the Women’s Center:
- Occupancy will be limited to 2 visitors at any time and visits will be limited to 15 minutes.
- Plexiglas has been placed at the front desk, furniture has been moved, and signage will remind visitors to maintain a 6-ft of social distance.
- All visitors will be asked to check in at the front desk for basic health screening and to record their contact information for contact tracing.
- The kitchen and conference rooms will be closed; however, the Lactation Room will remain open but must be reserved by contacting the front desk (email@example.com or 235-1638. Storing breast milk at the Center will not be permitted at this time. There will be no time limit on usage of the Lactation Room; however, individuals will be instructed to clean the room after each use.
- At the close of each day, Women’s Center staff will clean and sanitize the Center using hospital-grade supplies provided by Campus Facilities. All visitors to the Women’s Center will be required to wear masks while in the Center.
All Women’s Center programs during the fall semester will be delivered remotely or in a no-contact way. Events will be listed on Roo Groups (https://roogroups.umkc.edu/organization/womenscenter), on the Women’s Center website, or on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pg/umkcwomenc/events/). Please check these pages often for the most up-to-date event details.
Women’s Center leadership staff will be available for virtual appointments by phone or Zoom. Arzie Umali, Senior Assistant Director, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Dr. Brenda Bethman, Director, may be contacted at email@example.com to schedule a virtual appointment. All staff working in the Women’s Center will be asked to assess their health prior their shift. Any staff person exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms must report this to their supervisor and will be instructed to stay home and contact their primary care physician. These plans may be modified at any time as we receive updates from the university regarding the Return to Campus plan. All UMKC campus health and safety policies and guidelines apply in the Women’s Center, including the UMKC mask policy, and distancing, cleaning, and illness guidelines.