- Were you out of school (high school or college) for at least 5 years before returning to school?
- Have you completed at least 30 hours of undergraduate credit prior to this application?
- Are you still working to complete your bachelor’s degree?
- Have you completed at least 15 hours of college credit since returning to school?
- Are you currently enrolled as a full time or part time student (6 hours minimum)?
- Do you have a grade point average of at least 3.0 since returning to school?
If you meet these qualifications, you are eligible to apply for the American Association of University Women’s Reentry Woman of the Year Award. This award is sponsored by the AAUW Greater Kansas City Interbranch Council. You can receive your $500 award in cash or as a scholarship paid to your college or university on your behalf.
To apply, please stop by the Women’s Center, 105 Haag Hall, to pick up an application. Details regarding the essay component are included on the application.
A complete application packet includes: your application, required essay, and at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or employer. Letters of recommendation must also be signed by your university Reentry Program Coordinator or an equivalent administrator. The Reentry Program Coordinator for UMKC is Arzie Umali, Assistant Director of the Women’s Center.
All application materials must be turned in to Arzie Umali at the Women’s Center by Friday, March 15, 2013.