Presented by 50 Women: A Celebration of Women’s Contribution to Ceramics and the UMKC Women’s Center, The Personal Universe will be a competitive exhibition featuring artists who identify as women or non-binary from across the globe.
- First place
A featured album on the 50 Women: A Celebration of Women’s Contribution to Ceramics Facebook page.
- Three Purchase awards
The jury has arranged with personal collectors to purchase 1 piece from the exhibition.
- A “People’s Choice” award will be given to the piece that receives the most Likes/Loves on its Facebook post.
- Ceramics: Art & Perception subscription award for one year
- January 4, 2021
Entries accepted at 50WomenCeramics@gmail.com
- February 12, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- May 11, 2021
Solo exhibition set up.
Rules and Regulations:
- NO ENTRY FEE
- All submissions are electronic and should be sent to 50WomenCeramics@gmail.com.
- Submission will be accepted between January 4 and February 12.
- The work must either:
a) Be made primarily of clay.
b) Be video or performance work where clay is prominent element of the work.
- All entries MUST include: Title of work, Date of work, Dimensions of work, Date of Work, Artist’s name, Artist Location or Academic Affiliation. While not required, artists are encouraged to include their personal website address in the entry.
- Any person who identifies as female, gender-fluid, or non-binary can apply.
- Two entries– including up to two images per person.
- Submission of work will be considered a release by the artist to allow 50 Women: A Celebration of Women’s Contributions to Ceramics organizers to use images in the exhibition as well as in any publication materials. Any use of images will include the maker’s name and contact method.
- This release extends to publication of reviews of the exhibition on blogs, tweets, and in Facebook groups.
- For the purchase award, the maker will be responsible for any shipping fees included in the sale of the work. The purchasers live in the United States.
- All images need to be JPEG or PNG formatted.
- Prices will be listed in the final exhibition. If no price is given, the work will be labeled “NFS.”
- Will list prices in local currency ($, Australian $, €, ¥, R, etc…)
- All entries must be original works of art.
- All entries will be reviewed at the time of submission to ensure adherence to the artwork condition rules and regulations of the exhibit.
- Inclusion/Exclusion in the exhibit is at the sole discretion of the Jury: Ms. Alex Kraft, Ms. Melanie Shaw, and Mr. Anthony Merino.
- All works must adhere to Facebook’s policy regarding acceptable images.
- “People’s Choice” award will be determined by total number of image Likes / Loves.
- Likes = 1 point
- Loves = 2 points
- This award is independent of any other awards.
There is no formal application, just email the images and description to 50WomenCeramics@gmail.com, with subject line “Entry for The Personal Universe.” Please attach images and include the following information:
- Title, Date, Dimensions, Price
- Artist’s Name
- Artist’s Location/Professional Affiliation
- Artist’s Country
- Clay/Process Information (optional, please keep under 75 words)
- Webpages and Social Media information (optional)
For more information or for questions regarding this exhibition, artwork submissions, or awards, please contact Anthony Merino at email@example.com.
For more information about 50 Women a Celebration of Women’s Contribution to Ceramics, check them out on Facebook.