Meet Our New Work-Study Staff, Anabelle!

By: Anabelle Obermaier

Hi! My name is Anabelle Obermaier. I am originally from Albuquerque, New Mexico, but grew up in Marshfield, Missouri, a small town near Springfield. I come from a big family with four siblings. I am a Freshman and I’m majoring in political science. Some fun facts about me are that I have a twin sister, I am a cat lover, and my star sign is a leo.

My favorite holiday is Christmas because I love being around family and friends, I love giving and shopping for gifts, and I love the overall Christmas feeling. I am a very organized person, I always need a schedule. I couldn’t live without my planner. Some of my favorite movies include: Little Women, Titanic, and more recently the new Elvis movie that came out this summer. My favorite music artists are Harry Styles, Conan Gray, Taylor Swift, Doja Cat, and The Driver Era. Some of my hobbies and interests include: road tripping, running, plants, hanging out with friends, as well as learning to paint my own nails. Since I do like traveling, I have been to many states, but sadly not any other countries, but I’m hoping this will change in 2023.

I chose to take this opportunity to work at the Women’s Center because I am very passionate about women and gender issues. I am also passionate about LGBTQ+ rights as well as animal welfare issues. I hope to contribute the best I can and to gain great experience!