Hello Again! Returning Women’s Center Student Staff: Brianna Green

• by

By Brianna Green

Hello, my name is Brianna Green! I am a UMKC senior and I’m majoring in Psychology and minoring in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. This is my second year on campus and working at the Women’s Center. I am originally from the Chicago suburbs and transferred from a local community college. I initially decided to come to UMKC because of my minor but, over the year since I’ve moved here, I’ve grown to really love Kansas City and the Roo community.

I came to the Women’s Center for a second year because of how much I enjoyed it last year! Although last year was great – it was virtual. I was inspired me seeing how much we were able to do while being virtual, but I’m excited to see how much more we can accomplish now that the Center is fully open and can have in-person events. I’m so happy to be a part of a place that tries to offer so much to UMKC students and greater community as a whole.

Outside of the Women’s Center, I am also a RISE intern (fall semester), and the Psychology Club President and Psi Chi Service Chair. Outside of UMKC, I am an AmeriCorps Member at Harvesters – The Community Food Network. I love going on walks and hikes, car rides, traveling, and spending time with my friends and family. After I graduate this spring, I plan to go to graduate school! Which school and which program exactly is TBD for the time being. 😊