Introducing Katia Milazzo

• by

Hello everyone! My name is Katia Milazzo, I am a junior here at UMKC. I am majoring in English and double minoring in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Political Science. I chose UMKC for many reasons, but the two most important reasons are being a Kansas City native and how diverse and inclusive UMKC is. There are endless opportunities on campus to be a part of something great.

Women’s Center Intern Katia Milazzo

I believe being a part of the UMKC Women’s Center is an opportunity that will bring me closer to my goals. My career goals reflect my passions. I have a passion for women’s rights, equality, and social justice. There are many injustices in the world, that is why our generation must rise up. Apart from those passions, I have a deep love for music and theatre. I have been directing musicals and plays for a few local theaters. The fine arts world is where I go to escape the everyday chaos.

What do I look forward to the most from my internship at the Women’s Center? I look forward to working with strong and independent women on projects and events that make a difference. I often ask myself; what can I do to turn a negative into a positive? I also look forward to making a change in our community. I always have Ghandi’s quote in mind with every adventure I go on, “Be the Change You Wish to See in the World.”