Kelsey Holloway Joins the Women’s Center as The New Social Media Manager!

Image previewBy Kelsey Holloway

Hello everyone! My name is Kelsey Holloway, I am currently a Junior here at UMKC and I am studying Public and Interpersonal Communications! I am originally from Kansas City, Missouri and I am so happy that I decided to stay here for college. After college I plan to go into Influencer/ Social Media Management so when I heard about this opportunity with the Women’s Center, I was very determined to reach for it!

I have a lot of hobbies which range from spending way too much money on clothes, randomly moving halfway across the country, taking photos, and making YouTube videos. I would like to believe that I am the main character in my life and I feel like that’s the best way to view it. I have a very adventurous spirit and love to travel whenever I can; however, being a college student and living through a pandemic that is…… not happening.

The Women’s Centers mission aligns with everything I believe in, and I love that I have this opportunity to be a part of it. As an intern here, I can’t wait to promote everything that the Women’s Center at UMKC stands for and what they do, not only for our school, but also for our community. I cannot wait to see where this semester goes, and I know that this will benefit my future career so much! It has only been one week so far and I have already learned so much! Not only about social media management, but also about women’s rights and different ways we can fight and advocate for them!

I am so excited for this semester with the Women’s Center! I can’t wait to work with everyone at the Women’s Center on all our social media platforms so our students, and the public, can stay updated on everything we’re doing, and things that they can do during these times to stay motivated, healthy, and educated!