Welcome Morgan Clark to the Women’s Center Staff!

By Morgan Clark

Hey,

My name is Morgan Clark and I’m senior here at UMKC. I was born and raised and Kansas City. I transferred here two years ago after coming home from deployment. I was stationed in Qatar for about nine months in 2017. I am currently still in the service and have about a year left. I am majoring in Sociology. With this major I have a few options for careers. Right now, I want to work in HR for either the government or an eclectic company. I believe there needs to be more people who will speak out on the many issues in corporate America and I think being in HR is one way for me to do just that.

If I am not working or swamped with homework, I am finding new things to explore in Kansas City, especially restaurants. I love trying new food and KC has quite a few hidden gems. I also spend time walking the trails in KC with my dog Xena. Since we do not have any mountains, walking trails are the closest thing to hiking I can do. I try to stay active as much as I can, even now, during these times. I just enjoy trying new experiences, whether it’s going to a new park, or tasting new food!

I am excited to be a part of the Women’s Center. I never worked with a staff that was all women. This will be new for me and I’m excited. I also know that working here is just one of the many ways I can advocate for Women’s rights. I know that doing this will educate me on how to be a better womanist. Which I know there is always room for improvement there.