New Intern Abbie: More Than Just a Cat Lady

By Abbie Lewis

I’m so excited to be a part of the Women’s Center, to help advocate for women, and be a part of fun programs to celebrate women everywhere. As a woman living in today’s society it’s super important, now more than ever, to stand up for what you believe in and fight for your rights. I think that being an intern for the Women’s Center at UMKC is a great way to do just that. 

I’m a super outdoorsy girl who loves to travel, hike, and play with my pets! I have a blue heeler named Otis and a cat named Oprah. Reading is also a passion of mine, specifically rereading Harry Potter repeatedly until I can recite it word for word! I play tennis from time to time and you can catch me at the pool all summer when there’s not a pandemic happening. I’m into all kinds of music, currently jamming on the new Glass Animals album. If you haven’t heard it I suggest you go to Spotify right now and download it, it’s amazing!

I’m very excited to be a part of the Women’s Center and thanks for letting me share a little bit about myself with you all!