So Long For Now, Women’s Center!

• by

By Elise Wantling

This will be my final blog for the Women’s Center, and wow have we come a long way! I feel like my life has been such a whirlwind between now and when I started here last October. In that time we had the winter holidays, we put on a production of The Vagina Monologues, Coronavirus caused campus to shut down and everything to move online, I got married (barely!), we converted all our programming into online events, and now the semester is wrapping up and I’m about to graduate. It really has been a wild semester, and while it was not how I imagined my final semester of college would go, I think I’m quite pleased with the outcome.

I’ve really enjoyed being an intern here at the Women’s Center, and if you are reading this and considering an internship or work study position here, I definitely say go for it! Arzie and Brenda are both fabulous to work for and with. I also want to give a shout out to the Violence Prevention team; we work closely with them and not only are they doing great work but they’re also absolute pleasures to work with.

I want to thank all my fellow interns and work study students for being so wonderful to work with. We banded together in the face of extreme adversity and managed to overcome. We did it y’all! We survived!

I’m so proud of how hard everyone worked to get their programming put online. I think we did a really good job pulling everything off considering we had to change our programs last minute. I will look back at my time here fondly, as it is a great example of how humanity can make the best of any situation. Working at the Women’s Center was a really positive work experience and I am so glad I was brought on board. Thank you all for a wonderful semester!