Hello Everyone! I’m Haley Dean

• by

This is my last semester here at UMKC. I am pursuing a Bachelors of Health Science with a minor in Exercise Science. I transferred to UMKC from Johnson County Community College, where I received my Associates degree in Liberal Arts. Along with classes and interning at the Women’s Center, I am a part of the Bachelors of Health Science Society here on campus as well. When I’m not on campus, at work, or doing homework, I spend most of my free time snuggling with my two cats.

I have chosen to do my internship at the UMKC Women’s Center because I want to support the women in the community. The Women’s Center not only benefits me, but all women here on campus. I have learned a lot about health disparities women face during my program, and the Women’s Center is here to provide resources for women, as well as to educate and advocate for gender equity, which is extremely important. I’m excited for this semester and all of the amazing events we will be doing!

Once I graduate I plan to get a job right out of college. Down the road I plan to go to graduate school and get my Master’s in Public Health with an emphasis in Epidemiology, and of course, spend some quality time with my cats.