Ready for Another Semester at the Women’s Center

Hello everyone, glad to be back writing for you! Did you miss me? I had a relaxing winter break and now I’m ready to resume my duties here at the Women’s Center (though I did cheat and work a little over break). This semester I am working as both the social media intern and a work-study student, so I do a few hours a week as both. That means more time spent in the Center planning fabulous events for students, faculty, and community members to enjoy.

I’ll be in charge of heading our Women’s History Month trivia table and the social media trivia, so be on the lookout for that come March. It’s sure to be fun and you’ll learn a lot. This year Women’s History Month is focusing on the anniversary of the Women’s Suffrage movement. I’m hoping to feature some little-told stories of the unsung heroes of the movement. We’ll see how my research goes.

This will be my last semester here at the Women’s Center, and at UMKC in general. I’m set to graduate with my bachelor’s degree in political science this May, assuming all goes well. I’ll miss UMKC, and the Center. It’s all really grown on me over the past year that I’ve been here. I’m trying to savor my last semester and really let myself enjoy it.

I’m not taking a ton of classes, so I should have a little more free time to just enjoy being a college student. Of course, I’m still going to leave plenty of time to study hard and do well in my classes. I’m going to take my time looking for jobs for after college and really try to find something that I’d be a good fit for. I hope to partake in my hobbies, walk my dog, and just enjoy life the semester. Life always tends to throw me some curveballs, so we’ll see how things go.