A New Addition

By Christina Terrell

Hi! My name is Christina Terrell, and I am very excited to begin my work experience here at the UMKC Women’s Center.

I am a first-year student here at the university, and I am a pre-nursing major in the hopes to persue a BSN degree from UMKC’s school of nursing. My major happens to be one of the main reasons I chose UMKC. The university has an amazing nursing program. Along with the fact that Kansas City is much like my hometown, St. Louis, Missouri, which is a pretty big, diverse city, I felt as though UMKC and Kansas City could offer me some home comfort along with many new opportunities and get me away from the same scenery of 18 years!

To continue, the Women’s Center here at UMKC was something that captured my attention very quickly. I had seen many flyers around campus, and one day visited the Women’s Center and instantly fell in love. The idea of trying something new and purposeful intrigued me. There are many things I look forward to doing and participating in during my time at the Women’s Center, such as advocating and trying to further educate some of my friends about our mission!