Introducing Myself… Again!

by Ann Varner

Hello! Over the summer you have probably seen my blogs as I worked at the Women’s Center. This summer we were very productive, including re-organizing the entire center and attending lots of student orientations. As the fall semester begins I am re-writing my current biography, as life is always changing. This year I am a senior! While it is very exciting, it is also nerve wracking as I prepare to apply to graduate schools and start my career.

I am going to graduate with my degree in criminal justice and hope to work in the field as an advocate at MOCSA or a domestic violence shelter. My work at the Women’s Center ties in strongly to those fields, which is also why I’m passionate about helping others. I hope to attend graduate school for either legal studies or criminology as I work full time, and then eventually go to law school.

This year I will be in charge of planning our Crafty Feminist Fridays as well as Feminist Film Fridays. Be on the lookout for our events calendar. I am excited to finish off my undergraduate while working at the Women’s Center, as I am always learning!