Thankful feminist

• by

By Korrien Hopkins

While the end of the year approaches and I go into this Thanksgiving holiday, I think it’s time we take a step back from the old traditions, instead reflecting on the new ones.

Every year gives the opportunity for progression and lessons. I’m am not only thankful for my own personal victories and lessons. I’m am most proud of what we accomplish and learn together, in our schools, communities, and far beyond.

As a millennial feminist, I am aware of the struggles the women before me faced. I am privileged and thankful to not have all of their issues compiled with my own. While reading the Bustle article “12 Ways Feminism Looks Different in 2017,” it made me reflect on all the good that has been happening.

Good things come when we stand together and show support for one another. The intersectional feminism of 2017 has been very visual in pop culture and even in fashion, to name just a few fields.

I am thankful for every feminist and feminist movement both now and before my time. I’m and thankful for the stamina we carry as feminists, because this fight has been long and is not over.

I am thankful for the past, but, more importantly, the future we are creating. Although I know all of our issues have not yet been resolved, I am a #ThankfulFeminist

Now you take the time to reflect. What are you thankful for? Use #ThankfulFeminist on a social network of your choice. Let’s start a conversation!